How to Celebrate Our Successes and Build for 2018 Victories!
By Ann Guthrie Hingston Second Vice Chair
Join us for the May 23rd Lincoln Day Dinner and Help us Build the Republican Party in Montgomery County!
Over the last six months, Republicans in Montgomery County broke through a barrier – We won not once, not twice, but three times. County Republican volunteers mobilized public opinion and voters and won:
- Passage of term limits for county council – with a 70% “Yes” vote.
- Safeguarded term limits by defeating a bill to stagger council member terms.
- Defeated Maryland Sanctuary bill in Annapolis
Help us keep the momentum going by purchasing tickets and program ads for our major fundraising event of the year – the Lincoln Day Dinner. Your donation to the Montgomery County Republican Party will enable us to:
- Engage the media on county issues about transportation, schools, immigration, local utilities and increased taxes to pay for poor policy decisions.
- Reach county residents with Facebook ads and purchase other media to remind them why they voted for term limits.
With your donations we will encourage viable, quality candidates to run for office and promote Republican nominees so we can:
- Elect a new county executive and 9 new council members (4 seats without an incumbent, thanks to term limits)
- Re-elect Governor Larry Hogan and Lieutenant Governor Boyd Rutherford
- Replace Brian Frosh as State Attorney General
- Replace Montgomery County’s 24 delegates and 8 state senators in Annapolis.
- Replace our three U.S. Congressmen, who represent parts of Montgomery County: Delaney, Raskin and Sarbanes
There are many ways you can help us:
- Purchase one or more Lincoln Dinner tickets for the May 23rd event at the Columbia Country Club: ($135 per ticket; $250 for VIP ticket)
- Purchase a ticket for a high school or college student who is a member of a Republican club ($135)
- Bid on a silent auction item at the dinner. We are offering vacations at Bethany and Dewey Beach condominiums; hand blown glass; dinner certificates at local restaurants, and much more.
- Purchase an ad in our Lincoln Day Dinner program where more than 200 attendees will see information about your business or group. Some ideas for your ad:
- Showcase your club, programs and activities
- Celebrate passage of term limits for County Council
- Celebrate defeat of the Maryland sanctuary bill in Annapolis
- Showcase a local issue important to you.
Stay tuned! More to come.
If you have questions, contact Ann Hingston, 2nd Vice Chairman, Montgomery County Republican Party, at firstname.lastname@example.org